Table of Contents
- 1 How to Compare and Choose an Online Bingo Site
- 2 Free to Play Vs. Real Money Bingo
- 3 How to Play Bingo- The Basic UK Bingo Rules
- 4 Software Companies that Develop Bingo
- 5 Advantages of Online Bingo
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions
Truly, online gaming has taken the world by storm, and software providers are continuously working to stay in touch with the always rising demand. While this may be a good thing since UK players will always have an endless supply of online bingo rooms at their disposal, there’s a rather huge drawback.
When you want to compare the various operators, it can become exceptionally difficult. Lucky for you, we’ll guide you through the minefield of picking the best UK bingo site. Moreover, there is a lot more you’ll learn about bingo at large, as long as you read this post to the last sentence. Roll up your sleeves and get ready!
Before we proceed, here are some of the highest rated UK bingo sites that you can try out:
Don’t worry, later on in this exclusive review, you’ll understand why we picked them as the best bingo sites in the United Kingdom.
How to Compare and Choose an Online Bingo Site
When playing bingo online, the fundamental gaming framework remains the same across all bingo casinos. First, you deposit money for cards (also referred to as tickets) and wait eagerly for your numbers to be called out. Gameplay will either take place via instant-play games on browsers or via downloadable clients on your desktop or your mobile device at the swipe of a finger.
If you want to pick the best online bingo casino, you have to understand how to compare the value of each UK bingo site. To enrich your gaming experience, let’s take a look at some of the parameters to take into account before choosing a casino bingo platform and registering for an account:
Licensing and Registration
Before you settle on any gaming website, ensure that you take a look at the licensing credentials of the site. All the reputable sites must be licensed by a well-known authority such as the UKGC, United Kingdom Gambling Commission. Avoid any platform that lacks this seal of approval. Other than the UKGC, the other highly regarded regulators for UK based online gaming platforms include:
- The Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Commission
- The Alderney Gambling Control Commission
- The Lotteries and Gaming Authority of Malta
- The Gibraltar Licensing Authority.
All these organizations are accredited by the United Kingdom Gambling Commission under the Betting Act of 2005. The licensing agencies also ensure that all gamers have attained the required gambling age (18+), and that the platforms encourage responsible gaming by offering channels for professional help in case any player feels that they need help.
As you may already know by now, the internet is filled with malicious scam sites that prey on lovers of online gambling. It’s therefore critical for you to avoid any suspicious sites that could steal your personal information or compromise your credit card data. You should therefore only play on sites that have proof of using industry standard 128-bit SSL encryption technology. Check for DigiCert or Symantec (formerly VeriSign) watermarks at the footers of the casino to confirm that the casino uses the highest level of security to secure your personal and financial information.
With appropriate licensing, you’re also assured that the RNGs (Random Number Generators) controlling the draw of the bingo balls are all above board. A Random Number Generator is essentially an impregnable mathematical software which guarantees that all outcomes are fair and that they depend on chance alone. Any casino worth your while will have their RNG tested occasionally by independent external auditors. To confirm that the website of your choice has its RNGs verified, look for seals from auditing firms TST (Technical Systems Testing), GLI (Gaming Labs International) and eCOGRA (e-Commerce Online Gaming Regulation and Assurance). On the trustworthy online sites, you’ll typically find the audit results certificates awarded by the independent testing bodies liked in PDF format.
We all like free stuff, don’t we? Thus, the kind of promotions available is vital for a bingo site to be ranked among the best. Bonuses simply mean there is something extra for you. With the fierce competition among the various online gambling sites, something more than just a slick and appealing site is needed for the bingo site to stand out from the crowd. Bonuses are among the most significant features that entice new players and maintain the loyalty of current members. Bonuses come in all shapes and sizes, some of the most common deals that you’ll come across include:
- Free Bingo Games (no deposit required)This is an offer that you’ll mostly receive after signing up for an account with a particular bingo site. A given amount of betting money will be deposited into your account without you having to load any bankroll. This kind of offer is used to entice gamers into the virtual room, and the amount you’re offered varies from one site to another.No deposit bingo sites in the UK also offer daily free games where you don’t spend any real money at given times of the day. Even though you won’t become a millionaire instantly, these rewards offer opportunities to have lots of fun. One thing you must, however, be aware of is that most free offers have conditions that won’t allow you to cash out your earnings from the bonus money before meeting some wagering requirements.
- Welcome Bonus/The First Deposit Bingo BonusCommonly referred to as the new player offer, the first deposit bonus is a reward you’ll receive when you make the first deposit into your account. This is after signing up in the UK online bingo platform, and if you are lucky, you can receive 300% of your initial deposit. Such offers are the best way for you to play even more games without stretching your budget.
- The Reload BonusThis kind of offer comes after the first bonus. It’s normally less than the welcome bonus, and it’s given to encourage already registered members to come back to the platform and play. Typically, the reload bonus is meant for the returning players who could have used up their gaming money and are hesitant to keep playing for one reason or another. The reload offer typically comes in many different forms such as a chance to purchase cards at no extra charge in no deposit bingo sites in the UK or even a matched reward on your reload.
- The Sticky Bingo BonusIn case you didn’t know, a sticky bonus is an offer that you can use to play but can’t withdraw. Though a bit restrictive, they are a great way of improving your game, and you will have plenty of fun, usually in selected rooms.
- Other Promotional Offers and BonusesThe top bingo sites we recommend usually offer more than just the regular bonuses that you’ll find elsewhere. The finest websites in the UK will also offer the likes of free bingo tickets, comp points, and even regular tournaments. Better yet, you also come across bingo games connected through a network of progressive jackpots where you can rake in much bigger rewards. All our recommended sites have regular (hourly, daily & monthly) attractions, with something to suit your taste.
Before you cash in on any welcome bonus or any super juicy bonus, go through the attached terms and conditions. Bonus funds normally come with a range of conditions. These are usually validity of the particular offer, eligible games, with wagering requirements being the make or break condition. Wagering or rollover conditions usually get players off guard because not meeting them means you can’t really cash out your winnings or it could even lead to the nullification of your offer.
Basically, wagering( rollover or playthrough) is the specific number of times that you must stake your bonus funds or the bonus plus the deposit as a combined sum. Play through the required games within the allocated time, and you’ll never have any issues when you finally want to withdraw your accumulated payout.
Like many other types of online casino games, the beauty of playing on our top recommended platforms is that there is a wide variety of games for players all across the UK. The most popular version of online bingo is the 90-Ball variant, but you will also find 30-Ball, 50-Ball, and 75-Ball offshoots as well.
In case you didn’t know, when comparing bingo sites, take a look at the footer of the homepage to find out the main software providers or provider powering the house. Bingo developing giants such as Virtue Fusion (now under Playtech) provide a decent variety of titles that run on all major platforms from desktops to mobile devices. Other popular providers like Cozy Games and Gamesys also have solid bingo catalogue that promises non-stop excitement upon every turn. Dragonfish is also another software goliath that you shouldn’t overlook as it boasts of developing about 60 of the industry’s big guns.
Types of Bingo Explained
Here’s a quick breakdown of the types of bingo games that you can enjoy online:
- 90 Ball BingoThis is the most traditional version played in the United Kingdom and Europe. The 90 ball variant has 15 numbers, five on every line. It’s normally split into three sections with gamers trying for a line, followed by two lines, then a complete house.
- 75 Ball BingoThis type is popular amongst Canada and US players. Even so, its popularity is also rising in other regions, including the UK. This game is played on a card having five horizontal lines and five columns, with a free space in the middle. The objective of 75 ball bingo is to develop a given pattern by crossing off numbers. The patterns can be simple shapes or even more complicated pictures.
- 30 Ball Bingo This variant is one of the most recent offshoots that you’ll come across in online casinos. The 30 ball kind is played using a card having three horizontal lines and three columns. This edition of the game is also referred to as Speed Bingo since, with only nine numbers, the game is much faster than the other variants. It’s no wonder why this is the type of spinoff that UK gamers go for when they want to enjoy bingo games in succession.
- 80 Ball BingoLike 30 ball game, this is also a new addition to the bingo that you’ll find online. 80-ball bingo is often regarded happy medium between the 75 ball and 90 ball offshoot. Here, the card has four columns, and four horizontal lines and normally every column has a different colour. It is played like 75 ball variant. Regular patterns in this version are in an X shape, all the corner squares or even the four central squares. Even though 80 ball bingo is not available on all casino websites, you’ll find it in the majority of top-rated operators.
Branded Games and Side Action
A lobby filled with online slots machines, progressive games, and scratch cards are a well-known feature of an online casino. For a customary online player, it’s normal to take a spin on the slots games whenever you take a break in between bingo rounds. That’s why you’ll notice top bingo sites tend to feature a variety of slots which are accessible on the same page.
Some developers will also link their bingo titles with their well-known slots. An excellent example is SG gaming, which is well-known for developing slots, has designed a bingo game based on its popular slot, Rainbow Riches. Other software developers also offer ‘Casino in Bingo’ apps which enable fast-play table selections such as blackjack and roulette to be played during bingo rounds. How about that?
Thanks to the advancements in internet gaming technology, mobile bingo is also becoming increasingly popular just like other casino games. All the bingo sites we recommend support mobile games, which means you can play your favourite game from whichever location. You’ll have the flexibility to either enjoy instant-play versions via your browser or through native apps that you should install in your smartphone or tablet.
To play at your preferred online gaming site, you will have to fund your gaming account with real money. Some of the popular options that you should look out for when comparing bingo sites are:
- Credit & Debit CardsYou can also utilize a collection of well-known debit and credit cards such as MasterCard and Visa. Keep in mind that your provider will possibly categorize your betting transactions as cash advances, hence you’ll possibly incur certain interest costs. Always ensure you check the T&Cs of your card.
- E-WalletsThese are among of the most popular means of payment used for buying/selling items over the internet. The top online bingo sites that we recommend will accept fast, convenient and secure e-wallets such as PayPal, Neteller, Skrill, and EuTeller. Payments made via e-wallets are typically processed instantly, and there are little or no charges whenever you use them to load or cash out your bankroll.
- Mobile Payment SystemsFunding your online account using your mobile device is also a secure way of making payments. Your payments can get deducted from the likes of PAYG credit or your following month-long bill. Other than those, the other mobile phone billing system popular in the UK is Boku, which is exceptionally easy to set up. Even though all bingo sites do not accept this method, its popularity is always increasing as more people play via their mobile devices.
- Other Payment OptionsMaking payments via direct wire transfers is also an efficient way of carrying out gambling transactions. Just in case you don’t want to give out any of your credit card or bank details with the casino, you can as well carry out transfers through third parties like iDeal and InstaDebit. If you like you can also use deposit vouchers such as PaysafeCard.
High-quality customer service is vital for you as a player if you want to have a stress-free gaming experience. A worthwhile platform is one that has a variety of contact channels such as telephone, email, and live chat options on board. Customer service should also be available round the clock so that you can get help irrespective of when you get stuck. All the customer care agents at our recommended casinos are skilled and super friendly – reaching out to them will be like talking to a close friend. This is precisely what you require when in need of assistance.
Free to Play Vs. Real Money Bingo
Fundamentally, the difference between free to play and real money bingo is that in free play, you can play the range of games on offer without making any real money deposits. For real money bingo, on the other hand, you must load some real money before you can start playing. Thankfully, if you play on our recommended websites, the house will give you room to enjoy yourself for free without spending real money. When you feel ready, you can then pump up the excitement by putting your money where your mouth is.
How to Play Bingo- The Basic UK Bingo Rules
Whether you play bingo online or in a live brick and mortar casino, the essential rules will always remain. The game is played with a card, and the card is typically split into three rows, nine columns, and 27 squares. There’s an arrangement of five numerals with 4 unmarked spaces per row. The columns that have up to three numerals will be arranged as shown below:
- First numerals: 1 to 10
- Second numerals: 10 to 20
- Third numerals: 20 to 30
- This goes up to the 9th with numerals 81 to 90
‘The caller’s’ duty is to call out the numbers that have been drawn and check the winning tickets. In land-based casinos, these numbers will either be picked from a mechanical draw machine or manually from an enclosure with ninety counters. When you play online, this will be done by automated software simulation.
The game begins by the caller revealing the prize plus the winning combination required for that time around. Some of the winning combinations that you should keep an eye out for include:
- Four corners – the far right and left numbers on top and bottom lines.
- A line – all the five numbers on 1 line.
- Two lines – all the ten numbers on two lines.
- Complete House – all the 15 numbers.
The caller shouts out each number as it’s drawn. Gamers verify their cards and mark the number if they have it. The minute all the required numbers for a specific winner combo are highlighted, the player should say ‘Bingo,’ and the round will end right there. The caller will verify the card and announce the winning player. In case a mistake is found, the game starts again. The number that is called last must be part of the winning combination, if not, the win might be nullified. All the top online bingo sites have an auto marking system, thus this should never be a problem.
Bear in mind that the above rules apply for the most popular variant, which is 90-Ball bingo. There is usually a difference in the rules and structure of the game depending on the variant that you will take on.
Software Companies that Develop Bingo
The selection of games that you can enjoy online plus the way the games are themed and designed, all come down to the software developer. All these factors will have a massive effect on your personal experience at any site. To recollect the top names in the industry that we touched on here under the ‘Games Choice’ section,’ the finest bingo software providers that will guarantee you mind-blowing gaming sessions include:
- Virtue Fusion
- Cozy Games.
Advantages of Online Bingo
Some of the benefits of playing at online casinos are:
- You can play 24 hours a day, seven days a week, whenever you like.
- Play from any location, thanks to mobile compatibility.
- Lots of lucrative bonuses and promotions.
- A wide variety of games at your disposal.
- You can participate in tournaments to earn bragging rights.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there really such a thing as free bingo? Yes. There are two ways you can play the game for free: you can either join a site that offers free bingo games or claim a no-deposit bonus and try out the games without making any payments. However, if you redeem a no-deposit bonus, you must pay attention to the terms and conditions.
- Is it safe to play bingo online? Absolutely! As long as the casino is licensed by the UK Gambling Commission or any other reputable online gambling authority, it will be 100% safe and secure.
- Are online bingo games fair? Yes, and the easiest way to guarantee that you are playing the games with no unfair house edge is by checking for seals of approval from top fairness auditors like GLI, and eCOGRA.
- What should I do if I am unable to claim an online bingo bonus? For starters, check whether you have filled all your personal and payment information. From there, go through the T&Cs and confirm whether there’s any bonus related requirement you might have missed. If everything checks out, reach out to the customer support team for further assistance.
- Can I play other casino games apart from bingo at online bingo sites? Yes, all our recommended casinos typically offer other game options such as slot machines, video poker as well as table and card games to give you as much variety as possible. So, you can easily switch if you want to take a break from one type of games.