If you are a gambler from the UK, you should have seen the “Grosvenor casino” logo literally everywhere: This is the biggest gambling group in Britain. In addition to the online casino service, they have a brick-and-mortar casino in almost every city in the UK. Grosvenor defines itself as the “UK’s largest multi-channel casino operator” and this is not just a marketing claim: It is the truth. However, is it the right casino for your needs? In this Grosvenor review, we will evaluate this famous brand in detail and take a look at its features, especially bonuses.
About Grosvenor Online Casino
The Grosvenor casinos established in 1970, as a subsidiary of the Rank Group. In the year it was founded, its name was "County Club" but in a very short time, it changed to Grosvenor. Before 1970, the County Clubs were bingo clubs spanning almost the whole of England, and the transition to the Grosvenor brand transformed these clubs into brick-and-mortar casinos. In other words, Grosvenor was not established as an online casino. Initially, it was a brick-and-mortar casino chain. The chain consisted of 55 casinos operating in the UK, Belgium, and Spain. The online casino of the brand opened in 2007.
This casino chain is still active today, and offers promotions jointly with the brand's online casino site. So, for example, you can use online casino bonuses at brick-and-mortar casinos and vice versa. This entire chain is being managed by the Rand Group. There are 3 gaming brands of Rand Group:
- Grosvenor: The main online gambling service in the UK and Belgium.
- MECCA: Licensed bingo and lottery clubs (real world buildings) in the UK
- ENRACHA: Licensed bingo, lottery, and arcade clubs in Spain.
Only Grosvenor earns 400 million sterling per year alone and is visited by more than 8 million people every year. The Grosvenor brand currently has 56 brick and mortar casinos, of which 54 are in the UK and two are in Belgium. The company has about 7,000 employees and its shares are traded on the London Stock Exchange. Rand Group does not have an online casino brand other than Grosvenor. In this context, we can say that the Rand Group is the biggest gambling group in the UK. For the same reason, the Grosvenor brand has unique credibility and reputation.
Website Design, Security Features, Supported Currencies
Grosvenor website uses a fairly classic design, which mostly consists of black and blue colors. In general, we can say that it has a plain look. Bonus campaigns and lists of the games are located on the main page. Thanks to the menu at the top of every page, it is very easy to navigate, and there is no difficulty in this regard. However, you cannot list games by a specific provider. So, if you want to see only one provider's games, for example, you cannot do that. Thanks to its simple design, page loading speeds are quite satisfactory and there are no delays. Grosvenor is an “Instant Play” casino, so you do not need to install a program to play games. You can start playing all of the games over your browser and within a few seconds. Moreover, "demo play" option is offered for all. Even if you are not a member, you can try all the games offered for free - no download is needed.
Grosvenor casino is licensed from the United Kingdom Gambling Commission and Alderney Gambling Commission. Under normal circumstances, these licenses give the right to offer gambling services to many countries. However, the Grosvenor casino currently accepts only citizens of the following countries: Great Britain, Ireland, and Gibraltar. If you live in a country other than these, it is not possible to join the casino.
For the same reason, the website can only be displayed in English. The accepted currencies are GBP and EUR. All pages of the Grosvenor site are encrypted with 128-bit SSL provided by Symantec and the website complies with all responsible gaming practices. In other words, you can put many restrictions on your account, such as limiting the maximum bet amount that can be placed or limiting the hours you can play. Grosvenor has fairly impressive security infrastructure and allows you to transfer your membership information from the brick-and-mortar casinos to the website.
Grosvenor Play Online Mobile Gambling Support
Grosvenor does not have any native mobile applications. So it does not offer an option that you can download from official application stores. However, since the website has the HTML5 infrastructure, it can be seamlessly viewed on all mobile devices. So whichever operating system you use, you can access the mobile version of the site via your mobile browser. This version is not different in terms of performance and features. You can play games, do account transactions, access customer service, and even play live casino games. Although no native application is a disadvantage, it is still possible to take advantage of all mobile gambling features.
Which Services Are Offered?
The Grosvenor casino offers the following services to its customers:
- Live Casino
- Sports Betting
- Local Casinos
We will evaluate these services separately:
- Casino: Grosvenor works with a total of 20 providers. These include brands that almost everybody knows; such as Playtech, Netent, Bally, IGT, WMS, and Novomatic. In addition, indie studios offer their entire game collection too; such as Cozy Games, Endemol Games, Fremantle Media, and Probability Gaming. There are more than 1,000 games in the collection, and they offer a rich enough content that can appeal to every liking. It is also possible to find table and card games (roulette, baccarat, video poker, blackjack, etc.), although the majority of the collection consists of slot machines. The vast majority of the games provide full support for mobile devices. You may experience some problems only with some games that still run on the Flash platform. These kinds of games only work on Android-based devices.
- Live Casino: Surprisingly, Grosvenor uses Evolution Gaming and Extreme Gaming infrastructures for this service. So it is using a white label service. The reason this is surprising is that Grosvenor has his own brick-and-mortar casinos. In other words, live casino games could be broadcast from one of these places. A total of 16 games are available in this category, and the offered options are roulette, blackjack, baccarat, and blackjack. We recommend you try Classic La Partage. It is possible to find a game at any time of the day and all dealers are broadcasting from the UK. In this context, Grosvenor casino developed a mobile app just for live dealer games too. You can download this app (which is developed for iOS and Android) from official application stores. The app only supports live casino games. The broadcast quality is satisfactory in general, and there is no lag problem.
- Sports Betting: This service is limited to UK leagues except for a few global leagues. E-sports betting option is not offered. The number of sports supported is few and the average odds are not very high. It is nice to be presented as an option, but sports betting service is not as advanced as to attract bettors.
- Poker: In addition to video poker games, you also have the chance to participate in poker tournaments that you can play against real players with real money. This service consists of a small-scale poker network and has its private tournament called GUKPT (Grosvenor UK's Best Poker Tour).
- Local Casinos: You can use some of the bonuses you get at Grosvenor brick-and-mortar casinos at the online casino.
The fairness of the games is regularly checked by independent third parties, but Grosvenor casino does not publicly announce its RTP rates.
Grosvenor Bonus Campaigns & Other Promotions
The welcome campaign of Grosvenor casino consists of a 100% match bonus. However, it is limited to a fixed value: 20 GBP. No matter what amount you deposit, the highest possible profit you can get from this bonus is 20 GBP. For the same reason, you should not deposit higher than this figure. The bonus works like this:
- Deposit at least 20 GBP (This should be your first deposit)
- You will get an additional 20 GBP instantly
- You can use this bonus to play games and/or withdraw it. However, in order to do this, you must complete a 5x turnover requirement. This means you need to wager 100 GBP first.
- This requirement must be fulfilled within 30 days or it becomes unusable.
- If you make a withdrawal before completing the requirement, the bonus amount will be deleted from your account.
Note that if you already have visited a brick-and-mortar casino of Grosvenor casino before, this offer turns into a no deposit promotion and you get 20 GBP for free when you join the online casino. In this case, no initial deposit is needed.
In addition to this welcome package, Grosvenor casino offers the following promotions to current members:
Game of the Week: The casino management picks a random slot machine/jackpot game every week. Members who deposit at least 30 GBP to that game will receive an additional 5 GBP for free. This offer is subject to a 30x turnover requirement. So if you make a profit with that 5 GBP, you need to wager 150 GBP first in order to use or withdraw it.
Prize Draws: Grosvenor casino organizes regular prize draws which award the members real-world trips. It is free to opt into these prize draws and winners are randomly selected.
Loyalty Club: The casino offers a VIP club and a loyalty points system. By playing games and placing bets, you keep winning points, which you can convert to real money. VIP club members also get personal account managers and special-personal bonuses. VIP membership is “ invite only,” and you can apply from land casinos too.
Please note that Grosvenor casino offers additional bonuses for sports bettors too. However, since the focus of this review is the casino service, we are not mentioning those. In any case, do not forget that members of brick-and-mortar casinos are more advantageous in terms of bonus conditions. So, if you are living in the UK, try to visit a land casino first before becoming a member of the online casino.
Accepted Deposit and Withdrawal Options
The Grosvenor casino supports the following methods for making a deposit and/or a withdrawal: PayPal, VISA, Master Card, Maestro, Neteller, Skrill, and Paysafe Card. The minimum withdrawal is 10 EUR/GBP, and you can withdraw a maximum of 10.000 EUR/GBP in one transaction. Withdrawals take between 3 – 7 business days to complete. There is no information about the minimum and maximum limits of deposits.
If you experience a problem for any reason, it is possible to reach the customer service via:
- Telephone Support: 0800 083 1990
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal Address: PO Box 70695, London, SW1P 9ZR
- Live Chat: Available via the website, 7/24
- Local Offices: You can go to the nearest brick-and-mortar Grosvenor casino for support
Advantages of Playing At Grosvenor Casinos
- The biggest gambling brand in the UK
- Top notch security and reliability
- Offers brick-and-mortar casinos too
- There are multiple ways to reach customer support, including talking with a real person face-to-face
- Offers a poker network and a big poker tournament
If you are interested in classic gambling and a resident of the UK, Grosvenor casinos are the best option to gamble. You can start playing at the online website and continue your experience via brick-and-mortar casinos. It is hard to find a more reputable brand than Grosvenor in the UK: It is in the “most recommended” lists of many reviewers, and there is a reason for this. You can play at Grosvenor casinos without a worry in mind because it is one of our highly recommended casinos too.