Table of Contents
- 1 How to Play Online Roulette
- 2 Different Roulette Variations
- 3 Roulette Player Guides
- 4 How to Spot a Good Roulette Casino Bonus
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
One of the best things about this game is that it doesn’t come with any complications whatsoever. Like slot machines, it is purely based on chance. You don’t need any special skills to start playing. Essentially, the aim of the game is- you must accurately predict where the ball is going to rest once the spinning wheel comes to a halt, and if you make the right prediction, you win. Bear in mind that roulette comes with plenty of variations and they all have a slight difference. Spare some of your time to read this dedicated review, and at the end of it all, you’ll be ready to start playing roulette like a pro!
How to Play Online Roulette
If you are interested in knowing how to play online roulette, we took the liberty to described the process of playing in a quick step-by-step guideline. Here’s what you should do:
- Launch the gameOn the casino lobby, pick the version of your choice. Then, launch the game depending on whether you want to play online roulette for real money or for free. As a rule of thumb, you should only take on real money gaming if you already understand the game. Otherwise, enjoy the demo mode for the sake of practice.
- Select your betAfter the game has loaded and the table is displayed, you will need to select your bet. This is as easy as clicking a button or tapping in case you are playing on mobile.
- Put your chips on the tableAfter selecting your chips, you will need to place them inside or outside the table, depending on the bet.
- Start the wheel by clicking ‘Spin.’After making your selections, you can start spinning the wheel by clicking on the spin button.
- Wait for the resultsNow, wait for the outcome once the wheel has stopped spinning and see whether your predictions were right.
To play another round, just repeat the process. How simple is that?
Different Roulette Variations
Discussed below are the different spinoffs that you’ll come across in most casinos in the UK:
- European Roulette
- American Roulette
- Live Dealer Roulette
- French Roulette
- Mini Roulette
- 3D Roulette
- Mobile Roulette
Like many other table games, the Little Wheel comes with a range of variants. While the appearance is mostly similar, they come with slight variations that also affect the house edge of each title.
- European Roulette This version is perhaps the most popular because it has lots of betting options and a couple of advantageous dynamics. Most people prefer playing this version because it has a low house edge compared to others such as its American counterpart. This is thanks to there being only one “0” slot. Sometimes, you’ll find gamers or casino operators referring to it as Single Zero Roulette. While its rules are direct and very easy to understand, if you want to leave the betting table satisfied to the brim, you must understand how its house advantage works.
- American Roulette This spinoff is mostly played in North America, especially in the land-based casinos of the United States. On face value, it comes with a roulette wheel having 36 number compartments plus two green slots of 0 and 00.Since American roulette has an extra 00 slot integrated with the usual 0, common in all the spinoffs, the house advantage is higher than that of other versions. Therefore, it means that the chances of winning are greatly reduced here compared to all other game variants.You should note that the bets in American variant are always moderated. Moreover, in certain circumstances, they can also be removed before betting stops. This adds a nice twist to the game, and despite the lower house edge, many players enjoy its flexible nature.
- Live Dealer Roulette As much as online roulette can be played with a great deal of convenience, most pro players still miss the excitement of taking part in the game in a brick and mortar casino environment. Thanks to the advancement of online gaming technology, the real casino atmosphere with all its glitz and glamour can be experienced in Live Dealer Roulette, complete with the ability to interact with fellow players as you play the game.Some of the features that make it possible to play Live Roulette swiftly such as high-speed video streaming that enable you to watch the croupier in real-time. Better yet, there’s also a live chat feature that will allow you to communicate with the croupier as well. So, if you ever miss the thrill of betting in a real casino, Live Dealer Roulette is your best option.
- French Roulette Just like its European counterpart, French Roulette also has one “0” on the wheel. Compared to other spinoffs of the game the French variation is distinctly characterized by two important rules that are very significant in the total results you are going to get.The first rule is known as “La Partage,” and according to it, you lose half of all the outside bets you placed after the ball stops at 0. The rule only applies to the outside bets but not inside bets.The other rule which is often referred to as “En Prison” interlocks all bets in s form of “a prison” if the ball lands on zero. But here, instead of getting half of the bets you placed back just like La Partage works, the remaining half will be retained for the next spin, and if you win the second spin, you will get back all your winnings. On the flip side, if you lose on the second spin, all your winnings will be lost to the house. It is one of the trickiest gamble rules in this variant of the game.
- Mini Roulette Following the name, it has a small sized wheel, way smaller than that of a typical roulette game. Since the wheel here is significantly smaller, the numbers only go up to 12, but it also has a “0” slot just like in the European and French spinoffs.Here, when the wheel stops with the ball resting on the “0” slot, you will win half of your initial bets. Other than having a much smaller wheel all the remaining roulette features and rules will apply.
- 3D Roulette 3-D Roulette is the most immersive variation of the game that you can ever enjoy in roulette online casinos. It renders high-quality three-dimensional graphics that enhance the features of the game to make it more interactive. The main aim of this creation is to provide a thrilling and more realistic gaming experience.Before taking on this spinoff, make sure that you have powerful hardware on your desktop or mobile device. Moreover, if you want to play from your browser, ensure that you have the latest HTML5 browser for the smoothest gameplay. Besides its more powerful and immersive graphics, nothing in the structure of the game is usually changed. So, you’ll find that all the regular features and the standard rules apply to it as well.
- Mobile Roulette In case you are interested in playing roulette on the go, mobile roulette is the best option for you. Basically, it is just any type of the game that you can access via your smartphone or tablet. To cater to the needs of mobile gaming enthusiasts who enjoy spinning the Little Wheel, top casinos offer a mobile version of the games available via their full desktop site.To access these games on mobile, you can log in directly to the mobile site or install a native mobile application in your iPhone or Android device. They are always designed in such a way that common touch-based controls like swipe or tap can be used to play the game easily across all mobile devices.
Roulette Player Guides
The excitement involved in the spinning the roulette wheel has captured a multitude of gamers in the UK and around the world. It is a game that’s not only adored by high rollers but also other less seasoned gamblers. Even though this is a game of pure chance with exceptionally simple rules that are easy to implement, a huge part of your success will depend on your strategy.
With the right strategy, you will place your bets correctly, and you’ll have higher chances of walking away from the lobby a winner. In case you don’t know what we’re talking about, today is your lucky day. We have compiled everything you will need to start playing like a pro, and we’ll break it down for you in easily digestible chunks. Are you ready?
How to Play
If you want to make money playing roulette online, you must understand more than just the basic rules of the game. Earlier in this post, we covered a quick process that will get you started, but to win consistently, you need to know more than just the basics. That’s where the roulette gaming strategies come in.
As exciting as roulette is, playing without a specific strategy is one of the biggest mistakes that players make whenever they take part in it. Irrespective of the variant that you want to enjoy, you must always hit the lobby with a strategy in mind. Otherwise, you could easily end up on a losing streak.
If you are curious about the tried and tested strategies, we’ll break them down to you in a bit. You must, however, understand each of them properly before you start playing. These strategies are meant to boost your winning chances, and that will only happen if you use them well. Even so, this is still a game of chance, and anything could still happen. Without further ado, let’s get to it!
- The Martingale StrategyThis strategy involves doubling your bets after taking a loss with the aim of recovering all the losses and gaining a simple profit. To do this the Martingale way, here are the steps involved:
- Choose a game with a low minimum stake and a high maximum. The aim here is to start small and double down on your losing wagers.
- Place a small bet on red or black alternatively, odd or even.
- If you win, you can keep your earnings and place another small wager. If you lose, double your previous wager and put it on the same bet again.
- If you win again, keep the original wager and continue with that small wager that you started with- here, you will have recovered your losses.
- In case you lose on the second time, double your wagers and try again.
- Repeat the process until you exhaust all the money you had and reach the maximum bet at the table.
As you can see, this is a pretty simple strategy, and it could earn you some solid cash if things work out your way as you continue increasing your stake levels.
- The Reverse Martingale SystemAs the name suggests, the is the reverse of the Martingale system. Instead of increasing your wagers after a loss, you raise them whenever your bet is a winner and lower them in case you lose. The point of this type of strategy is that you are going to make the most out of the winning bets and you’ll keep your losses to the ground. This can be exceptionally effective for high rollers who want to make it big on the tables.
- The D’Alembert StrategyIf you are looking for a strategy that is much safer than all the Martingale strategies, D’Alembert is the best choice for you. This strategy involves increasing or decreasing the size of your wagers appropriates. That way it becomes safer than doubling with no guarantee of winning. The steps you should follow for this are as follows:
- Just like the Martingale way, start with a small wager.
- Increase your wager by one after a loss and decrease it by one after a
- If the number of your wins is larger than that of losses, then you can leave the game.
- In case your losses are heavier than wins, stick to betting until the winning picks up.
- Finally, if you have equalized both wins and loses, pick your payout and walk away.
For those who are just learning how to play the game, this could be your go-to strategy. It doesn’t involve making some super risky moves, and the wins will still be solid enough. And if things don’t go your way, you will keep your losses down.
- The Fibonacci StrategyThis method was invented by Italian mathematician who came up with a sequence of numbers such that every number after the beginning two, is the sum of the two preceding ones. i.e. 1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34, …
When it comes to roulette betting, the Fibonacci strategy involves adding the last two bets together and place the sum on your next. At the end of the game, you can get a profit even if you lost in more games compared to those that you won.
To make the most out of the roulette game, you must understand the odds of each wager that you place. So, before we jump right to the odds, here’s a look at the main types of wagers that you can place in the game
- Inside BetsThese are all the wagers that you place inside the roulette grid. These contain even or odd numerals from 0 to 36. Furthermore, the inside bets are divided further into other types which are; Line, Corner, Straight and Split bets. Remember, the payout ratios and winning odds of these wagers will vary from one roulette variant to another.
- Outside BetsUnlike the inside bets, these are made by betting on the numerals that appear outside the numbered on the roulette table. Normally, when placing outside wagers, you are given room to place ‘cover bet’ that might increase your winning chances on each spin.
When playing with outside wagers, it is possible to choose the collection of numbers such as the first ten numbers or the last ten numbers. Other than that, you can also bet on all the red results or black results.
To help you understand your winning odds even better, here’s a table with specific payout ratios and odds with every wager you place in three of the most popular roulette variants, i.e. American, French and European. Remember, when it comes to the overall house edge, the French version has the lowest standing at 1.35% when the En Prison and La Partage rules are applied, but when they aren’t in use, the house edge rises to 2.7%, similar to that of standard European Roulette. The American spinoff, on the other hand, has the highest house edge of 5.26%!
|The Payout & Odds for European, American & French Roulette|
|Odds of Winning|
|Type of Bet||European||American||French|
|Any Number||35: 1||2.70%||2.60%||2.70%|
|2 Number Combination||17: 1||5.4%||5.3%||5.41%|
|3 Number Combination||11: 1||8.1%||7.9%||8.11%|
|4 Number Combination||8: 1||10.8%||10.5%||10.81%|
|5 Number Combination||6: 1||13.5%||13.2%||13.5%|
|6 Number Combination||5: 1||16.2%||15.8%||16.2%|
|Even / Odd||1: 1||48.60%||47.4%||48.64%|
|Red / Black||1: 1||48.60%||47.4%||48.64%|
|Low / High||1: 1||48.60%||47.4%||48.64%|
Roulette for Free vs. for Real Money
There are two ways you can play online roulette: you can either enjoy it for free without spending a single penny or back your eagers with some real money. If you are not sure about the type you should choose, here is a quick highlight of their differences:
- CostPlaying free online roulette means that you can have plenty of fun for absolutely free. You just choose the game and play without having to deposit any money. Unlike free roulette, you must load some bankroll into your gaming account using payment options like PayPal or credit and debit cards.
- VariationsReal money roulette is available in many variations compared to the free versions. For instance, you can enjoy the live dealer version of the game for free, and if you want to try it out, you will have to spend some money.
- Fun & ExcitementIf you just want to have some fun, playing for free is a much better choice. On the flip-side, players looking for heart-pounding excitement should go for the real money kind. There’s nothing as exhilarating as the tension that comes when your money is on the line!
- ProfitabilityWhen you play for real money, you are always staring at opportunities of raking in substantial rewards especially if you use the right gaming strategy. For the free type, you cannot make money playing online because no money is involved in the first place
How to Spot a Good Roulette Casino Bonus
Bonuses play an important role in helping avid gamers earn more gaming cash among other in-house rewards. The easiest way to spot the best bonus offers is by understanding what is involved in each promotion. Here are some questions you must ask yourself if you want to land on a solid offer:
- What is in it for you? Take a look at the type of reward is on offer. It could either be a matched deposit, a no deposit bonus or even a cash-back.
- How much is the casino offering? Usually matched deposit rewards for roulette come with much larger bonus sizes compared to their no deposit or cash-back counterparts.
- What are the wagering requirements? This is perhaps the most crucial part of the casino bonus. By looking at the wagering requirements, you will easily know whether the deal is worth your while.
How to Be Sure That Online Roulette Games Are Fair
There are many roulette online casinos in the UK. Since the number of casinos lies in the thousands, it is difficult to determine whether the games offered are legitimate and fair. To be sure that you are in a platform that offers fair games, here are the three main factors you should consider:
- Make sure that the Casino offering the game is licensed and registered under reputable regulatory authorities such as the UKGC.
- Casinos that are properly vetted will usually have a logo of the auditing firm that has approved the RNGs of the games on board. Some of the most reputable independent auditing firms are eCOGRA and GLI.
- The software provider powering the game is also a great indicator of fairness. You can never go wrong with titles from online gambling bigwigs such as Microgaming, Net Entertainment and Playtech.
Frequently Asked Questions
Some of the most common questions concerning online roulette include:
- Can I play online roulette for free?Yes, you can enjoy the games for free, sometimes even without registration.
- Must I download software so that I can play?No. In the best roulette online casino, you have an option to choose whether you want to download or play instantly on your browser.
- What is an RNG in online roulette?The RNG (Random Number Generator) which is a computer program that randomly determines the number which the ball is going to land on after the wheel stops. It acts as a simulator of random results just like the ones produced by the wheel of a land-based casino.
- Can I play roulette on mobile?Yes, most of the games developed these days can be played on mobile via the in-browser instant play option or via native apps that you will have to install in your device.
- What are some of the payment methods can I use to play online roulette for real money?Many roulette casinos support supports banking options such as VISA and MasterCard credit and debit cards, e-wallet options like PayPal, Skrill and Neteller as well as direct wire transfers.