Twister is another video slot game manufactured and released by renowned software company Microgaming in 2006. Twister generally signifies the violent tornadoes, but it is the name of a catastrophe-based movie starring Heather Hunt and Bill Paxton released in 1996.
The tornado theme is quite depressing in itself, but the colorful cartoonish graphics and icons add some life to it. The game soundtrack of an approaching storm, thunders, and rain compliments the overall theme of the slot. However, you cannot expect extraordinary graphics or great number ways of winning combinations from this video slot.
In-game Cyclonic Features
Gear up and understand all the following in-game features before you place your first bet:
- Paylines: This 3-rows, 5-reels, 15-fixed paylines game got only 32 winning combinations. Basically, you need to make a match of 5 from the left reel to right. A match or 3 or 4 can also be rewarding, but comparatively less.
- Icons: The high-value icons include an Old Lady, Young Lady, Boy and a Man who were the residents of the tornado-affected area. While the low-value symbols include a pick-up truck, wooden outhouse, caravan and a gas station flying in the air.
- Game controls: Firstly, it has buttons to adjust the “Coins” per line, “Lines” to adjust the paylines, “Bet Max” to place the highest bid in a click. Also, there is an “Expert” button that reveals “Autoplay” feature. You can also increase or decrease the coin size from 0.01 to 0.50 using the (+) or (-) buttons.
- Device compatibility: There is no mobile version of the slot available, so you won’t be able to find it on Google Play or anywhere else. You can only play it in online casino sites on desktops.
Apart from all these features, it has certain few bonus features that pave the way to the modern-day video slot game-play.
Thanks to its bonus symbols, the slot is saved from being a big blooper. They changed the facade of the game in a second. Here, they are described below:
- Wild: The swirling tornado with the smiling devil face is the wild symbol. It substitutes all the other symbols in the potential payline except the scatters to form a winning combination.
- Scatter: The television broadcasting “Breaking News” is the scatter symbol that also activates the bonus round. However, 5 scatters merely increases your bet value by 60 times as a reward.
The only exciting and motivating features of the “Twister” slot are its bonus rounds:
- Free Spins: When you get 3 or more scatters, the bonus round is triggered, and you are awarded 20 free spins. In this round, all the amount you win gets doubled.
- Gamble: Whenever you win, the “Gamble” feature is turned on. Here, you need to choose either “Red” or “Black”. If you are right, your win is multiplied 2 times. You have three more chances to gamble further. However, all your win is forfeited when you guess it wrong. You can “Collect” and quit this feature any time.
With 32 ways of winning, it is difficult to get rich overnight, but the wild symbols are pretty rewarding. You can win the jackpot of 15,000 times of your stake value with a combination of 5 wild symbols. You can bet from 1 to 10 coins per line. It has a medium-high variance with an RTP of 95.9%.
Twister Playing Tips
It is extremely tempting to gamble your win every time, but it will drain your resources very soon. Gamble occasionally and do not risk more than a couple of correct guesses.
It is not that exciting in comparison to the latest Microgaming slots, but the colorful symbols and storm sound effects definitely motivate. However, the bonus free spins with 2x reward worth it a spin for sure.