William Hill Casino is among the longest-standing gambling establishments on the online platform seeing that it opened its doors back in 1998. However, even though this online casino dates back two decades, William Hill has been around for much longer than that. This entity started out as a bookmarker service back in London in 1938. During the time, gambling in England was restricted by the law, but that did not stop this entity from thriving. The company stayed in one family for more than thirty years and adopted other forms of gambling services over the time.
Between 1972 and 1996, William Hill was sold off a couple of times, and by the time it was put up on the London Stock Exchange in 2002, it was worth a whopping 825 million euros. Making such a huge amount of money goes to show the success this casino had managed to gather on both the offline and online platform. Ever since the company went public, they have managed to acquire other firms in the business which are run under the name William Hill Group (WGH). Additionally, the establishment owns part of Playtech, one of the most prestigious online gaming software developers.
Pros and Cons of William Hill Casino
- Great selection of over 350 games.
- Playable on PC and mobile devices.
- Wide choice of options for deposit and withdrawing money.
- Could have done with more blackjack and roulette games.
- No clear indication of response times for customer support.
- VIP Club is a bit simple.
The prowess of this casino is well proclaimed by the various awards it has under its belt. Back in 2014, William Hill took home the Operator of the Year Award in the EGR awards. In 2015, it bagged the EGR Platform of the Year and RNG Casino Supplier awards. Recently, in 2017, the casino was also honored with the Spring Playtech Award, which has cemented its place as one of the leading names in the casino business. Today, William Hill online casino brags an impressive workforce of over sixteen thousand employees that has allowed it to provide stellar services in the regions it operates.
William Hill Games
This section of William Hill Casino has been built with straightforward navigation to allow players to access the many games that are listed easily. Players can choose to surf the site according to the game developers or the categories they are fall. When it comes to game provision, William Hill has partnered with numerous online gaming software developers to ensure that players get a satisfying selection. Some of the used firms include:
- WGS Technology
- Ash Gaming
- Evolution Gaming
- International Game Technology
- Williams Interactive
- Blueprint Gaming
- Genesis Gaming
- Net Entertainment
- Realistic Games
- Thunderkick, etc.
These game developers present a selection of game categories including:
- Slot games – Slots carry the most number of games with 108 choices in the download version. The number goes up to 125 in the instant play version of the casino. The games cover numerous themes that are presented in stellar graphics and development. The popular titles include Asian Beauty, Dolphin Quest, Playboy, King Cashalot, Booty Time, Fat Lady Sings, Beach, Cat Queen, Pink Panther, Santa Surprise, Bankin’ Mad, Major Millions, Great Pyramid, etc.
- Video Poker – Video poker has grown to become a staple provision in nearly all top-tier casinos. William Hill makes the list of top video poker destinations and has fifteen options for gamblers to choose from. However, one option is removed in the no download All American, Deuces Wild, Aces and Faces, Two Ways Royal, Jacks or Better, Joker Poker, Pick ‘Em Poker, and Tens or Better make up part of this game category.
- Blackjack – Blackjack lies under the table game category and is among the highest demanded classics. The game is offered in nine variations in this gaming establishment, and they come with accommodating wager limits for both low and high rollers. Some of the options included are Blackjack Pro, Pontoon, Blackjack Surrender, Blackjack Switch, Luck Blackjack, etc. All the variations carry one as their split number and only Blackjack Pro and Pontoon accept split aces.
Other games that are included in the table games class are roulette, baccarat, craps, and red dog.
- Live games – Live dealer games are put in place to serve those looking to enjoy a real-life gaming experience but in the comfort of their location. Evolution Gaming is behind the live casino in William Hill online casino. This software developer is considered the pioneer of all things gaming, so players can expect an interesting experience. The provided list of options contains roulette, blackjack, baccarat, and poker.
- Other games – Another game class is included for games that do not fall in the usual categories. They include Sic Bo, keno, Crown and Anchor, Mega Ball, Roller Coaster Dice, Casino Reels, etc.
Players are presented with numerous bonuses and promotions at William Hill to give them more playtime without compromising their budget. Players receive a one hundred percent match promo up to one hundred pounds upon making their first deposit of no less than ten pounds. The second deposit is also rewarded with a fifty percent matchup of as high as one hundred pounds. The third deposit is also included in the package getting two hundred pounds in a fifty percent match reward. The largest amount of four hundred pounds is given with the fourth deposit in a twenty-five percent match promotion.
The offered amount for all match promos has to be played through twenty-five times. This term applies to the deposit used to trigger the William Hill bonus and amount awarded. Players are not limited to the highest stake they can place.
When meeting the wagering term, one should consider playing slot and scratch card games since they have the highest clearance rate of one hundred percent. All other games table less than twenty-five percent.
William Hill has made numerous changes to adapt to new introductions in the business, and one of the moves that have made it even more popular is availing services on mobile devices. Smartphones and tablets have millions of users across the globe, and the number is continuously growing, which makes it the best platform to reach as many people as possible.
The casino can be accessed in numerous operating systems including Android, Windows, Blackberry, iOS, and Linux. The no download version allows gameplay directly from the web, with only a Flash Player Ten Plus installation requirement since the games are flash based. The download version comes in the form of applications in the mobile stores for the OS it is compatible with. Aside from OS, the mobile device being used has to have a minimum RAM of five hundred and twelve megabytes, nine hundred and fifty-megabyte free space, two hundred and fifty-six video card, and the color should not be lower than thirty-two bit. The amount of storage may seem high for a fifty-megabyte casino, but it is required to launch and run the games listed in their portfolio.
Money Transfer Channels
Real money gameplay is the main reason why most gamblers visit William Hill Casino, and the establishment has ensured that they are given a long list of cash transfer options to choose from. When cashing in, gamers can use:
- Todito Cash
- AstroPay Card
- Western Union
- Bank Wire Transfer
- Paysafecard, etc.
The list of options becomes shorter for withdrawals, but it is still extensive enough to cover all the regions William Hill real money play is available. These options are:
- William Hill Cash Direct
- Visa Electron
- Entropay, and many more.
When making deposits, players are limited to a transferring as little as ten pounds, but no maximum limit is stated. The withdrawal minimum limit goes higher to twenty pounds, but the no limit leniency is also witnessed; this has made it a favorite gaming spot for heavy spenders.
Withdrawal processing periods are different depending on the method used. EWallets take less than twenty-four hours while checks and bank transfers could take as much as ten days. Credit and debit cards have an average waiting period of as much as five days. The casino has a twenty-four to forty-eight hour pending period as a security measure.
William Hill Licenses
The UK Gambling Commission is the most recognized license that William Hill Casino holds. This institution is known to take player protection seriously. Therefore, William Hill and other gaming destination that hold its operating licenses are bound by strict gaming laws. Before the provision of the license, the casino is put through heavy monitoring to certify the services being provided, all of which William Hill has met and surpassed. Additionally, the gaming site is barred from engaging in any money laundering activities that could put gamblers at risk of losing their money.
The UKGC uses eCOGRA, an independent gaming site, to vet the programs used to run games to ascertain that they have not been manipulated. The institution also entrusts another body, Alternative Dispute Resolution Service, to resolve any issues clients may have with William Hill.
This gaming site also holds a license from Gibraltar Regulatory Body, which allows it to provide games outside the United Kingdom. This licensing body may not share the same premier ranking as the UK Gambling Commission, but it has a steady reputation under its belt. Other vetting bodies have taken part in verifying the Random Number Generators used in William Hill Casino, some of them being:
- Technical Systems Testing (TST)
- iTech Labs
- Gaming Laboratories International (GLI), etc.
These companies are independent and operate in the international gaming community.
On top of game transparency, William Hill has ensured that its visitors are protected from fraudulent activities using a Secure Socket Layer encryption system to ensure hackers are kept at bay. Players are assured that this SSL system is secure by Thwate, which is the firm that has certified it as state-of-the-art.
Restricted TerritoriesWilliam Hill has managed to accept players from many countries worldwide, but those in some have been banned from engaging in its real money play. Some of these nations include:
- Hong Kong
- The United States
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
- Belgium, etc.
- Japanese, and